Summer School Program
Explore Marine Animals, Spiders & Insects with us!
Marine Animals, Spiders & Insects are this summer’s great particular focus.
A different aspect of the Marine Animals, Spiders & Insects are featured each week:
- Insects and their Communities
- The Butterfly
- Lobster, Shrimp, Crayfish
- Shell Animals of the Sea (3-day week)
- The Homes of our Soft-Bodied Friends
- Starfish, Sand Dollars, and Sea Urchins
- The Sponge & Jellyfish
- Sharks and Whales
- Montessori Orientation
We will have caterpillars in the classroom and watch them transform into beautiful butterflies. Then we will dive into the ocean and explore sea creatures! The focus consists on life cycles, habitats, and exploring the parts of the animals.
We look at three-dimensional models, puzzles to put together, books galore to read, and arts and crafts are just a part of the experiences the children will have this summer.
The regular Montessori work period occurs in the morning:
- Practical Life focuses on activities in self-help skills, care of the environment, grace, and courtesy.
- Sensorial develops and refines the child’s visual, tactile, auditory, gustatory, and olfactory senses.
- Language Arts develops receptive language in listening and reading and expressive language in speaking and writing.
- Mathematics develops Skills in linear counting, understanding quantity, symbol relationship, base ten, and operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Animal knowledge comes alive when children get involved!
Join us this summer and make it happen!
Summer School starts May 31, 2023 – August 19, 2023